Monday, July 19, 2010

Home Stretch!

...at least for phase one.

I have five more chemo treatments to go!  Next Monday I get to ring that bell to celebrate the end of phase one of my treatments.  I'm thankful that I've had the strength to continue working and the side effects have been (mostly) manageable.  I am tired now; I was able to lead worship yesterday (July 18), but told Mick (the Worship Pastor) that I don't think I'll be up to it next week.  I was running on empty and praying for strength the whole time (which is not necessarily a bad thing to be doing while leading worship).

I have a surgery date - Sept 9.  Please mark that day to be praying for me, and I'll follow with more info later.

5 comments:

  1. Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed;
    Save me, and I shall be saved,
    For You are my praise.
    Indeed they say to me,
    Where is the word of the LORD?
    Let it come now!
    As for me, I have not hurried away from being a shepherd
    who follows You,
    Nor have I desired the woeful day;
    You know what came out of my lips;
    It was right there before You.
    Do not be a terror to me;
    You are my hope in the day of doom.
    Jeremiah 17: 14-17

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come on Monday!!! This is fantastic news! I'll be listening for that ringing of the bell all the way down here in GA!! Got Sept. 9th marked on my calendar - we'll be praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pastor Bill,
    Ring that bell loud and long. God is at work and watching over you. I continue to pray for you and your family expecting God's healing miracles for you. May you and your family continue to have courage and find strength in your faith as you go through this ordeal called cancer. I know God is working out His perfect plan for you and it is for good!!
    Marti Ingvarsson from Grayling, MI

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill - Know that you continue in my prayers, as well as many of our choir members here at Rochester Covenant. Please don't hesitate to call if I can be of help in any way. Glad to hear you are listening to your body so it can fight the fight - we want you to win the war, not just an occasional battle! Blessings - Pat A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CUxDmJApKs&feature=related

    ReplyDelete