Thursday, June 24, 2010

Unplanned Communion Meditation

I was scheduled to officiate communion at the June 19 Emmaus Service (Saturday night worship at Autumn Ridge Church).  I had prepared a brief meditation that I felt led to put back in my pocket when I heard the worship team begin "He Knows My Name."  Once the song ended, I felt led to share from my heart how that particular song had sustained me in the previous three weeks. Click here to hear my "new" unrehearsed communion meditation.  (Your browser may take a minute or two to load each link's sound file.  Tested with Internet Explorer.)

"He Knows My Name"

I have a Maker, He formed my heart
Before even time began My life was in His hand.

Chorus
He knows my name
He knows my every thought
He sees each tear that falls
And hears me when I call
He hears me when I call

Verse 2
I have a Father, He calls me His own
He'll never leave me No matter where I go


CCLI Song No. 2151368
© 1996 Doulos Publishing (Maranatha! Music [Admin. by Music Services])
Tommy Walker

2 comments:

  1. I have experienced fear before, but never fear for my life.

    This is very powerful. Not to sound trivial, but it was encouraging to hear how, when Satan attacked, God provided a way of defense and let you know that He too, knew exactly what you were experiencing.

    Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bill for sharing your journey through the storm. My prayer is that it will turn into a drizzle and quickly be a sunny day with no rain. I continue to pray for you. God bless,
    Masuka Magambo

    ReplyDelete